MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple groups, how are permissions calculated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Can anybody tell me how permissions are calculated for users in multiple groups?

Example one group allows viewing a forum, the other group doesn't. Which takes preference?

Thank you. Smile
As an example, If I was set as an administrator as my primary usergroup & I was in the "Registered" usergroup as an additional usergroup, and I made certain forums unviewable to the registered usergroup, I would still be able to see them if Administrators could as I'm still in that group.
(2012-07-25, 05:54 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]As an example, If I was set as an administrator as my primary usergroup & I was in the "Registered" usergroup as an additional usergroup, and I made certain forums unviewable to the registered usergroup, I would still be able to see them if Administrators could as I'm still in that group.

So the most lenient permission takes preference?
Yes, if your primary usergroup has some forums not viewable for example, but an additional usergroup your in can view them, you will be able to view them.
MyBB is "yes wins", simple as that.