MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The specified thread does not exist.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The specified thread does not exist.

This is the error i get when I click any links on my forums to my own forum. When I click it externally it works fine.

I used myBB merge system a long time ago from IPB and it has not worked since, I've changed multiple themes since then aswell. and I used the newest merge I am quite sure. I have also done recount and rebuild.
if the problem existed long time ago because of the merge
then simple re-install..
What's your .htaccess file look like? your redirects might be wacky at the moment.. if you have a lot of threads from the old install... man.. I'd hate to re-install everything.. so try everything you can before you do that. If you have less than 100 threads and forums from your IPB (which you probably have a lot more) you can manually insert all your threads in a new MyBB install as well as member accounts directly into your MySQL via phpmyadmin. If you haven't done that before, test on local host so you get the hang of it for a while (I use XAMPP) then do locally and if all good put it live. If you had a tons of non-oem tables in your IPB database or additions/alterations it may have caused an issue with the merge process. Many coders don't account for every conceivable scenario so it's possible that may also be the case.
(2012-07-26, 04:06 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]if the problem existed long time ago because of the merge
then simple re-install..

Please do not tell other members to reinstall their forum. There is no need for that.

OP, did you recount and rebuild in the ACP?
Yes i have recount & rebuilded, i lost some forum post count between users upon doing so aswell.

This issue is not only with old IPB threads, but with every thread made and linked in the forum, the same link works, but cannot be clicked from the forum. If i email or MSN the link it will work.

Also i have lots and lots of threads, not only 100.

Our members have made a total of 149,219 posts in 31,755 threads.
ANy chance you could provide your site's URL?
I would prefer to pm you it. Which I have done, sorry if its a nuisance.
Bump.
Bump...
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to look at this yet and won't do this week since I'm on vacation either. Maybe somebody else from the team will be able to do something.
Pages: 1 2