MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post your computer setup.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I have a new computer case and motherboard now, my new case is an absolute beast!

It's a Cooler Master HAF-X V2 Case, and a Asus M5A99X EVO motherboard. They are the new parts.

[Image: 563888_344446778965976_271685606_n.jpg]

[Image: 531408_344447238965930_248833194_n.jpg]

Those monitors are 19" each.
[Image: 0a8M9.jpg]
15" TFT CCFL on the left, 21.5" IPS LED in the mid. They have both been damaged (fortunately relatively superficially, just some gashes near the edges). TI-83+ mid-bottom, and I want to say that mouse is older than my brother (but I think he's 2 years older). Also, 2 of my foxes on top of the tower.

[Image: NuwJ7.jpg]
Inside my obviously very tidy tower is a Foxconn A9DA-S with a dual core 3GHz Athalon overclocked to 3.5GHz, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 1333 currently clocked to 767MHz (as opposed to the normal 667), Radeon HD 6770 (and little brother HD 4290 integrated), 500GB HDD that migrated from my laptop because I was too cheap and lazy to get a new one, and 60GB SSD. I'm both looking forward to and dreading getting the 4 RAID5ed 3TB drives to replace the HDD.

I like building computers, and I now have the money to do so. This is not exactly a good thing Toungue
(2012-07-26, 09:16 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 0a8M9.jpg]
15" TFT CCFL on the left, 21.5" IPS LED in the mid. They have both been damaged (fortunately relatively superficially, just some gashes near the edges). TI-83+ mid-bottom, and I want to say that mouse is older than my brother (but I think he's 2 years older). Also, 2 of my foxes on top of the tower.

[Image: NuwJ7.jpg]
Inside my obviously very tidy tower is a Foxconn A9DA-S with a dual core 3GHz Athalon overclocked to 3.5GHz, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 1333 currently clocked to 767MHz (as opposed to the normal 667), Radeon HD 6770 (and little brother HD 4290 integrated), 500GB HDD that migrated from my laptop because I was too cheap and lazy to get a new one, and 60GB SSD. I'm both looking forward to and dreading getting the 4 RAID5ed 3TB drives to replace the HDD.

I like building computers, and I now have the money to do so. This is not exactly a good thing Toungue

Good setup, could do with a motherboard, case and a CPU upgrade however.
Hmm, I don't currently have a picture, but this is my setup:

Mobo:ASUS P8z68 Pro-V
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
RAM: 16GB (4x4gb) GSkill Ripjaws 2133MHz Enthusiast RAM
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 14 (I think?)
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120gb (500+MB/s Read/write)
HDDs: 1tb WD caviar green for OSX media
1.5tb Seagate Something or other for Windows and Other misc media
Case: NZXT Lexa S
GFX: Radeon HD6850 1gb
Monitors: 2x21.5" LCDs (1 LG and 1 little known brand because it was cheap Toungue)

I run dual boot. Hackintosh is my main OS, and windows for steam and gaming. I rarely use windows, except for the games. My steam library is about 250gb, so I have 500gb for windows, 1tb~ remaining for music and stuff
The motherboard I got because it was cheap yet still plenty of oomph, the same with the case and CPU. Right now most of my computer's speed is bound by that laptop HDD. I still have another PCIe x16 slot to throw another GPU in, as well as the 2 memory slots for another 8GB RAM and a CPU upgrade. The whole point of the build is a reasonable balance of power and cost. Maybe not top of the line, but enough to play modern games on decent settings.
(2012-07-26, 09:29 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I don't currently have a picture, but this is my setup:

Mobo:ASUS P8z68 Pro-V
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
RAM: 16GB (4x4gb) GSkill Ripjaws 2133MHz Enthusiast RAM
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 14 (I think?)
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120gb (500+MB/s Read/write)
HDDs: 1tb WD caviar green for OSX media
1.5tb Seagate Something or other for Windows and Other misc media
Case: NZXT Lexa S
GFX: Radeon HD6850 1gb
Monitors: 2x21.5" LCDs (1 LG and 1 little known brand because it was cheap Toungue)

I run dual boot. Hackintosh is my main OS, and windows for steam and gaming. I rarely use windows, except for the games. My steam library is about 250gb, so I have 500gb for windows, 1tb~ remaining for music and stuff
Nice setup dude!
(2012-07-26, 09:33 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]The motherboard I got because it was cheap yet still plenty of oomph, the same with the case and CPU. Right now most of my computer's speed is bound by that laptop HDD. I still have another PCIe x16 slot to throw another GPU in, as well as the 2 memory slots for another 8GB RAM and a CPU upgrade. The whole point of the build is a reasonable balance of power and cost. Maybe not top of the line, but enough to play modern games on decent settings.
Yeah, I think it would be good to upgrade. But It will do is definitely not my motto.
http://i.imgur.com/IunkP.jpg

The computers are all off to the side with a KVM that allows me to switch beside them.

EDIT: You know what? I am gonna show off the innards of my two main PC's/
Question... what is the appeal of two monitors? Do you have so much stuff crammed on your computer you need two screens to keep everything clean?
(2012-07-26, 10:14 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Question... what is the appeal of two monitors? Do you have so much stuff crammed on your computer you need two screens to keep everything clean?

Game while browse.
Or code while viewing browser to see results.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6