MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users cannot upload avatar (MyBB 1.6.8)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully upgraded mybb 1.6.6 to 1.68 but after updating users cannot upload avatar.

I am using default MyBB template/theme & in admincp>Template & Style>Find Updated Templates> says: There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded.

I am not using any plugins in my MyBB site.

Please help to rectify this issue
have you chmodded the following :

./uploads/ >> 777
./uploads/avatars/ >> 777
I have checked both directories are in 777 mode.

Pleae help to rectify this issue.
What is the error message?
It’s not showing any error message.
When user clicks on change avatar in usercp it just refreshing the browser.

I can change avatar from admin panel without any error.
Test login please.

Is this happening on all browsers?
I have tested this issue in FireFox 14.0.1 & avatar is being uploaded & changed without any error. (Under usercp)

I have tested this issue in Windows Internet Explorer 8 & avatar is being uploaded & changed without any error. (Under usercp)

But my users are unable to upload or change avatar in Windows Internet Explorer 9 only.

Please advise.
Ok, so it is an issue with IE9. Let me test.

I just tested this on IE9 on a 1.6.8 board. I was able toload an avatar from the gallery AND from my desktop.

Suggest to your users that they clear cookies, and try again.

No jQuery on your board?
I advised user to delete his temporary internet files including cookies & try again.

Issue is fixed now.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

I am not sure about jQuery but it’s normal upgraded version of Mybb 1.6.8 without any pulgins.

I am using default MyBB template/theme.
Ok, I am glad you were able to get it fixed Big Grin

Please mark the thread as solved and thank you for the best answer star and the rep point. It is nice to have our efforts to help appreciated.