MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Surreal RuneScape Clan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: surreal-new.png]

Surreal is a RuneScape-based skilling clan, with over 400 members registered, and around 70 official clan members, we're really active and innovative! Our MyBB has over 82,000 quality posts in around 40 different forums!

We opened in October 2010, and have gained popularity since then to build up to how we are now Big Grin

Our copy of MyBB is extremely customised, over the span of two years we have been constantly revising the layout and extending the features of our forum, and I've worked with a lot of forum softwares - MyBB has been awesome!

MyBB has been great to work with, I really love the simplicity and customisation capabilities that it has - really has been great. Unfortunately, due to the private nature of clans, a lot of our forum is locked out unless you register, however, I will provide some screenshots taken from my forum account!

[Image: Mn2t]

[Image: Mn9Q]

[Image: Mn72]

[Image: MbyC]

Feedback and comments are much appreciated Big Grin The base theme is Kodi by Quacktacular themes, I've paid for attribution removal, that is why it does not appear in the footer of our site. http://quacktacular.net/web/mybb-themes/kodi/
Wow, it looks really nice and your customization's are amazing. I really can't see anything after a quick glance that is bad IMO.

Other than maybe the logo and read/unread icons (by the way the legend at the bottom doesn't match the ones in use) not matching the rest of the theme to well.
(2012-07-28, 05:16 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, it looks really nice and your customization's are amazing. I really can't see anything after a quick glance that is bad IMO.

Other than maybe the logo and read/unread icons (by the way the legend at the bottom doesn't match the ones in use) not matching the rest of the theme to well.

Thanks Alex Big Grin Yeah, we just recently switched our logo over less than a day ago, so we're in the process of updating the skin to fit that sort of grungy look. Thanks for the feedback Smile
I think it looks really great. I like the writing style of the announcement posts - friendly yet authoritative without being stuffy. I am not keen on the color sets, but that is personal taste, I do like how you have tried to keep a constant look and feel on all areas. The awards drop-down in the postbit is a neat way of keeping it uncluttered and I like the HUB. I bet that is popular Big Grin. I also like the way you are not afraid to boot out users who do not participate - better 200 lively twigs than a pile of dead wood.

Nice forum, looking good in Showcase. Thanks for posting so we could take a look.
I have a couple of questions.

1) Why do you make new users answer these questions here? They should be optional, not conditional.

2) It says you have 82,000 posts, but only 37860 (as of this time) are visible to me. Where are the others?

I like the theme, though I have a couple issues with it. It took me a while to find out the log out button only appears when I hover over my username, that was quite annoying. I love the customisations you've made with the postbit, and I think some of the nifty features you have added are pretty cool.
To both of your questions it's a clan forum. If you don't have a runescape account there would be no need to sign up and your location can be used for scheduling events.

There are also probably member only forums that you can't see.
Oops, I just thought it was a general Runescape forum. I never knew it was specified to one particular clan. It shouldn't be compulsory to put your location though imo.

Also: http://i.imgur.com/iytkB.png

That's what I can see. I don't get how over 40,000 posts are missing lol.
(2012-07-28, 02:58 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Oops, I just thought it was a general Runescape forum. I never knew it was specified to one particular clan. It shouldn't be compulsory to put your location though imo.

Also: http://i.imgur.com/iytkB.png

That's what I can see. I don't get how over 40,000 posts are missing lol.

Yeah, Clans are very closed off sort of communities, there are still lots of forums that only members can see, which would explain the number being off. We open as much of the forum as we can for registered members to participate in the forums, but there are certain parts that just wouldn't be logical to show to the public eye. Here's another section of forums that you can't see, there are another 3 or 4 sections that would be hidden from you containing quite a few forums.

[Image: MsV9]

As for your concern about location, I always was under the impression that it was optional, so I'll thank you for letting me know Toungue The RuneScape name field is a given, we're a RuneScape clan and it's extremely important that we have people's correct RSN on file, generally we don't get people who don't play or haven't played before registering anyways.

Thanks for your feedback on the forum, too, I can see your frustration with the logout button, maybe I'll find a location for a second log out button that's a bit easier to see Smile
Appreciate the detailed reply, thanks man. I understand about the Runescape name field now I know that it's a clan. Loving the theme though, can I ask who made it?

You seem to have quite a lot of content too, how long has this forum been up?
No probs, and thank you! The theme is based off Kodi by Quacktacular themes (x) but all customisations and such have been styled by me Smile

The forum has been up since October 2010, so it's had a while to grow and right about now we're at a nice and steady activity rate Big Grin I'm registered on your forum as well and love reading them, I'm a big fan of WWE and your forum Wink
Pages: 1 2 3