MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to notify members per email of new posts ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
May be I'm a complete fool but I cannot see any places where one can select to receive email notification when new postes are made.

I know that you could be overwhelmed - but is there any (selective) feature so you can choose e-mai (or SMS) notification ?

Anything allowing for this kind of automatic notification would be appreciated....

Sad
Regards
Edward
MyBB contains this functionality.

There are "Email Notification" checkboxes on the New Thread, New Reply and Quick Reply post forms. From here a user can select if they wish to subscribe to a thread when they post.

Alternatively, the "Subscrube to this Thread" link below the Quick Reply box on the thread page allows a user to subscribe to new reply notifications without posting.

Alternatively, a user can select if they wish to automatically subscribe to threads they post in via the Options page in the User CP.
Chris Boulton Wrote:MyBB contains this functionality.

There are "Email Notification" checkboxes ....

Thanks for the clear reply - was helpful...

One last question:
-----------------
Is there a way as administrator to set "Automatically subscribe to threads you post in" (in the Profile Edit Options) to "checked" by default ?

Regards
Edward
Hi,

Along the same topic, is it possible to notify everyone of a new post regardless if they subscribed or not? Lets say we have a focus group and you want to alert all members that a new post was started. They all should get a notification, however, they can unsubscribe if they wish. It's the reverse of what's now implement (first a post, then a user subscribes).

Thanks.
Hi All,

I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Basically, I would like to notify everyone of a new post regardless if a user subscribed to that post or forum.

The default is the opposite in this case, meaning that ALL members in the forum will get an email, then they have the option to UNSUBSCRIBE to a forum, post, etc.

Thanks,
IPN
bumping back up
Your not getting a response because this is a modification request, not a General Support request.
Gotcha! Smile