MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restricting admin permissions to subforum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am in the middle of establishing a forum that will have a largish amount of subforums, each representing a club.

Is it possible to restrict the admin permission "Can manage forums" to a subset of your forum, and not all of it?

I would like to be able to let the individual club leaders be able to structure their own subforums, but it would seem that giving a user the forum management ACL lets them change the entire forum (which is understandable)

Is this possible?
you can make every admin permission just to edit the forums but you can restrict it for 1 forum this might need a plugin , to make admins permission just to edit forums/cats
ACP > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions > Edit the admins you want to change there permission to just make/edit forums/cats
regards,
Yes, I had found out about letting a single admin or group edit the forums, but what I need is the ability to only let them edit from a specific subforum and down.

I think that this needs a plugin, as you suggest, but is one like that already available? (Haven't been able to find one searching, as i'm not really sure what to search for Wink
(2012-07-28, 11:02 AM)FlyveHest Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I had found out about letting a single admin or group edit the forums, but what I need is the ability to only let them edit from a specific subforum and down.

I think that this needs a plugin, as you suggest, but is one like that already available? (Haven't been able to find one searching, as i'm not really sure what to search for Wink

i have never made a mybb plugin
but i hope this will be my first Smile
I don't believe there is such a plugin at this moment in time, but I'll move this to plugin requests and maybe somebody will find the time to create a solution.
Thanks a lot, I have done some smallish plugins for MyBB already, so it might just be that I can do this myself Smile