MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weekly Overview on Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: MrEe]

Is there a way to get that weekly overview from the Calendar working in some way on the forum index? I'd like it to show recurring events, too, which current plugins cannot do.

Thanks guys Smile
I would also be very interested in this Downfall - maybe we can join together with some other members to get it made for us (like pay a developer).

I had a look at the existing plugin, I am unsure why it does not work on recurring events, I think it is because it looks for the start date. In theory (?) it would show a recurring event in the first time and then not afterwards.

I shall test.
(2012-07-28, 01:30 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I would also be very interested in this Downfall - maybe we can join together with some other members to get it made for us (like pay a developer).

I had a look at the existing plugin, I am unsure why it does not work on recurring events, I think it is because it looks for the start date. In theory (?) it would show a recurring event in the first time and then not afterwards.

I shall test.

Yeah that is exactly the issue, it doesn't display recurring events after the first instance on the calendar. It's kind of a weird problem, I had a look at the code and I'm not much of a PHP guy, so all I saw in my head was farm animals.

Would be awesome to get something like this working though Toungue
Well, it is logical. I had a look in the phpmyadmin, the information about the recurrence is all stored in an array Sad The start DATE is correct, but once passed it will never be in range again.

If you were to put EACH event in singly then it would be a very big table in the calendar, and a drag to do.

Maybe get an "ajax" powered-div to open instead? So it shows (horror) that week view in a frame and then users can page through it?
Hmm yeah, I wouldn't mind that. Shouldn't be too hard to implement - but the only issue is, I only want that bit to show, is there a way to just create a separate page with just the weekly overview on it? Without the forum header and all that other stuff...
I guess you could do that with CSS/HTML. It depends if you allow users to view the calendar direct; if that is an open page then hiding the header and footer could get ugly; if not open then sure.