MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Check database differences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I have been using MyBB for more than a year and I have tried and installed many plugins, but after some testing I deleted quite a lot of them.

So, basically, I want to check whenever they left a table/row created and not removed after I removed the plugin?

My question is how can I compare whether there are extra rows/tables compared to the original database. I already got a "fresh" MyBB installed on my site as well my site running on it.

Is there any available script that does that or what is the fastest way to do that? Doing it manually will take a lot of my time.

Thank you.
i don't think that most of the plugins make rows/tables
even if some of them did i don't see the point why you
should check mate
regards,
Well, the point is that I keep getting "Gateway errors" on my forum. I'm not sure whether they are caused by some plugin or something, but it's very weird.

The main page (index.php) loads perfectly fine and very fast (0.1 sec), but when I try to view a forum or thread, it doesn't load and gives me 500 internal error. So I wanted to check whether it's caused by a plugin or something. I am most suspicious about Google SEO plugin, its table has more than 500,000+ rows.
Ther are plugins that need not to be activated. once uploaded its there and activated. disabling them under General Configuration don't work. i somehow see code left even disabled.
Regarding the Error 500, could you post the contents of your server's error logs? That way we might be able to debug the actual issue a lot easier.

Generally when you install a plugin it will remove any additional tables/columns it may have added (if the creator is any way competent that is). I don't know of any way of really doing any kind of diff report between two databases though as I've never felt the need to do such a thing.
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:08 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5636 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:32 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5630 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:32 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5685 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:37 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5659 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:42 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5632 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:42 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5661 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:42 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5655 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:46 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5927 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:46 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5924 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
[Sat Jul 28 23:38:09 2012] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 5930 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL

These are the errors I get. Smile

I asked my host he told me that some php process is trying to execute but not able to or something like that.. but I don't know what PHP script is causing that..
(2012-07-28, 05:05 PM)Ristov_SR Wrote: [ -> ]...

Is there any available script that does that or what is the fastest way to do that? Doing it manually will take a lot of my time.

Thank you.

This might be good:
PHP Script to Compare MySQL Database Schemas

Do you have command line access?
Schema Sync (outputs all the diffs prior to the option to make any changes)
seeker, the first one looks good. I'll give it a try and post results. Smile

Yes, I got access to SSH, but I am not very good with Linux, so I might mess it up without some assistant I'd rather give it a go in the first way first.
Hi,

The MyBB group offers support under the conditions of our Support Eligibility policy. It is apparent that one or more of your forums do not meet the conditions of our policy and therefore you are ineligible for support. This could be because of adult, piracy or hacking related content or because your forum does not display the minimum “Powered by MyBB” notice.

If you have any questions regarding this policy please post in the Private Inquiries forum.

Regards,
The MyBB group.