MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sqlite & more..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya folks!

So I'm one of those website tinkererers who every 6 months or so gets an itch and replaces everything they've got with something else.

A few months ago I realized that I needed to replace my aging IPB based site with something different because IPB wasn't giving me what I wanted.. I wanted a full portal system with all sorts of other nifty features. I looked around a bit and just on a whim installed Joomla & SMF & converted my site over..

and in the process made a real mess of things. Smile Anyway, it's a real mess of a site & I want to just sort of simplify things.

I've checked out myBB and it looks really nice.. fast, simple, and most important.. fast! and 1.2 handling ajax now.. nice!

So I've got 2 questions (don't worry, I'm not going to ask about converting from SMF.. saw that forum already & I should be able to deal with it no problem. Smile..

The first question, is have you guys looked at integrating with modxcms? Seems that it might be a good CMS to check into .. both modx & mybb seem like similar communities.. anyway, just a thought.

Second question.. any chance of makign mybb work with sqlite? I'm in a situation at work where my department would really like to have a forum system for all of us to communicate, but in order to use mySql, we need approval from the higher-ups and for some reason it's really difficult to get access.

However, we do have access to sqlite.. so if there were some way to myBB working with sqlite.. well.. we'd just install it and to hell with them, ya know? Smile

anyway, thanks again for working so hard on such a great package.. looks fantastic & I can't wait to convert everything over. Smile

cheers!
-jason