MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE7 Password Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Sorry if this has been reported, but I am having a problem with users trying to register using IE7. They get the message password does not match. This does not happen on Opera or Firefox.

Here is my login page: http://www.classifiedbilliards.com/mybb/member.php

I know IE7 is old, but these guys are trying to signup from work computers, and they cannot add a browser etc etc.

Yea, I know, they should be working. Rolleyes

However, to the IE7 user trying to sign up it will appear that the site is broken. Please advise how I can fix this.

Mybb Version: 1.6.8
Error: On register page in IE7 receive an error saying passwords do not match.
Could you post the code from:

member_register_password?

Mine looks like:

<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->password}</span></td>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->confirm_password}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" id="password" style="width: 100%" /></td>
<td><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password2" id="password2" style="width: 100%" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td colspan="2" style="display: none;" id="password_status">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>

Also did you modify anything about the templates for registration?
No modification on the registration page. I did test it on a couple of sites - same issue.

My member_register_password template HTML:

<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->password}</span></td>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->confirm_password}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" id="password" style="width: 100%" /></td>
<td><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password2" id="password2" style="width: 100%" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td colspan="2" style="display: none;" id="password_status">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>

Really weird i dont have this error then.. i tested it in ie9 with ie7 compatibility mode.

The only error i do get compared to my own site is:
SCRIPT5009: Shadowbox is niet gedefinieerd 

Its an error i dont get on my registration page.
The only real diverence is really in this code:

<script type="text/javascript">

Shadowbox.init({

language:"en",

players:["img"],

animate:1,

animateFade:1,

animSequence:"sync",

autoDimensions:0,

continuous:0,

counterLimit:"10",

counterType:"default",

displayCounter:1,

displayNav:1,

enableKeys:1,

fadeDuration:"0.35",

flashParams:{bgcolor:"#000000"},

flashVersion:"9.0.0",

handleOversize:"resize",

initialHeight:"160",

initialWidth:"320",

modal:0,

overlayColor:"#000000",

overlayOpacity:"0.85",

resizeDuration:"0.35",

showOverlay:1,

slideshowDelay:"0",

viewportPadding:"20"

});

</script>
Odd, cos I also tried it on this site :

http://www.communityplugins.com/

Same result, no shadowbox.

Can I have a link to your site to test?

I am on 1.6.8
Mhmm could it be because of the prototype line?

I use this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="site/forum/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1603"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="site/forum/jscripts/general.js?ver=1603"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="site/forum/jscripts/popup_menu.js?ver=1600"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

While you use the 1.7

<script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/prototype/1.7.1.0/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.classifiedbilliards.com/mybb/jscripts/general.js?ver=1603"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.classifiedbilliards.com/mybb/jscripts/popup_menu.js?ver=1600"></script>

edit: text error :/
Otherwise... after going through all the code when comparing the two i cant really find any other differences, except what is normal.
Ok, let me try and tell you this again.

I have tried logging in using IE7 on my own sites, and on Xekko and on Pavemen's community plugins. On ALL of them I get this error.

The only thing they all seem to have in common is they have a custom theme, not default.

Can you link me to a board with a custom theme where I can see this work?
(2012-07-29, 12:20 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, let me try and tell you this again.

I have tried logging in using IE7 on my own sites, and on Xekko and on Pavemen's community plugins. On ALL of them I get this error.

The only thing they all seem to have in common is they have a custom theme, not default.

Can you link me to a board with a custom theme where I can see this work?

*eep* you are right, its because using a new tab in ie it always starts with ie9 thats why it worked...

Guess its a problem for every MyBB site then. Because apparently the only site that works is MyBB.com or only the default theme. Dont know what is different though really weird .. Confused

Oh and harajuju.net also works but thats because it doesnt check if passwords match immediately atleast.
I did some MORE testing. On the default theme the login works on IE7, even with the header include from the Green set, so it is somehow theme related. Sad

I will go with the no password check then. I shall see how Harajuju is doing it.

We have a LOT of users who are logging in from the US Military and it seems that the military boys are still using IE7. Changing the browser on a military computer is not allowed, so.........
(2012-07-29, 01:03 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I did some MORE testing. On the default theme the login works on IE7, even with the header include from the Green set, so it is somehow theme related. Sad

It literally happens on every single site i have so far tested (with custom theme) except harajuju and thats only because of the removing of the whole password checking thingie.

Yaldaram.com also works.
Pages: 1 2