MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can a free host run MyBB for a long time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Free hosts are good enough for running MyBB. I just wawnt to know that for running MyBB for an indefinite period of time, are limited hosting spaces enough? And is 100GB of bandwitdh for a month enough for an indefinite amount of users?

Please suggest this poor guy. (Intergalactic beggar for suggestions)
As your forum grows you will need more resources. A free host cannot support any growing forum for a long period of time. You'll end up out growing your hosting package and be forced to either upgrade to paid hosting or switch to another web host. Eventually your host will complain you're using too many resources.

It all depends on your traffic and forum activity. 100 GB is more than enough bandwidth for the average forum. For now you won't have to worry about your hosting requirements too much, just keep an eye on your resource usage as times goes on.
Until your hosting becomes slow and you are starting to run out of space and encounter problems, dont pay until you need it is my advice.
Thanks guys, that really helped. I'll follow your advice.
I tend to stay away from free hosts where possible.
I agree a paid host is better because you get more resources and some hosting is very cheap. I use to use x10 hosting and got to many issues with it saying my resource usage was to high. That's just my opinion