MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Showcase & Review] Web Development & Design Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently wanted to build a bridge with all the new beginners and experienced web developers and designers to one community. I'd like to introduce you all to Web Disqus.

I've put in about a weeks worth of time into this project, tried to follow-up and avoid using unethical common mistakes like other forum owners do with endless sections, .TK, 000webhost, tabs, and etc. I'm sure you'll all enjoy it, I think for the most part it's professional so check it out. All suggestions and or comments will be greatly appreciated.
Ok Here is some feedback:
The domain isn't great and easy to remember.
More content should be filled out so more people will join.
I love the theme good job!

GL with this.
I must say I'm a fan of the theme. The domain isn't too shabby either. You've got a fairly good number of sections too. I'd say the only thing you need to put work into really is creating great content.

Good luck!
great things :
1- great theme and the colors are just unique
2- nice backgrounds and icons really like them
bad things :
1- advertise banner in the top of everything
2- hard to remember the domain name
I really like the theme good job with it.
the domain is also good and easy to type.
all the best buddy.
Looks really good. Get some content rolling and I'll consider joining. Smile
While not many post i have to say what a great job,

I love the domain name and the unique theme. It looks great it has a unique feel to it. A bit more content could be useful imo, but for the rest a great start.

Oh spotted one really small thing:

http://www.webdisqus.com/portal.php

On your news page i would remove the two collum feel. Just make the news page one colum unless it changes if you would sign up.

Good luck Smile
(2012-07-29, 10:33 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I must say I'm a fan of the theme. The domain isn't too shabby either. You've got a fairly good number of sections too. I'd say the only thing you need to put work into really is creating great content.

Good luck!

Thanks for the positive feedback. It took me a while to reasonably find a good name that would be unique and can stand out from all the other forums on search engines, besides "Disqus" is already a popular global comment system used today in a number of news and media websites, so I drew some inspiration from that point.

(2012-07-29, 12:17 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Looks really good. Get some content rolling and I'll consider joining. Smile

Considering that I've launched it yesterday officially, it does seem like a community in small numbers or lacks in content, but it's all part of the preliminary stage and trying to make a genuine push of interest for other individuals to sign-up as well. Thanks for your comment as well.
Well, as you say, it certainly lacks content, that is the biggest issue for me, but every site has to have it's opening week and its first few posts.

To be honest - I don't like the overall theme that much though I do like the background and header. On the forum bits I would have the topics aligned to the top to keep the visual line straight. It all looks a little bit faded to me; I would suggest maybe on the forum icons something a bit more stylised - possibly in the style of the cogs in the header.
Domain is good as per me.
Pages: 1 2