MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help for mybb basics.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a site from my friend. He has messed up the full site with useless coding which I don't think I need. I am a WordPress user and generally the upgrade is not so complicated as in case of mybb.

I now want to start from fresh installation of mybb and import mybb posts, registered users, threads, mypoints, like counts and all other useful things.

Please guide me with the process and how is the difficulty level.
It's simple just do fresh install of mybb on a new database reinstall new points plugin, then use the merge system to import the old database to the new database, if you install mybb on the old database it will wipe everything
(2012-07-29, 11:35 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]It's simple just do fresh install of mybb on a new database reinstall new points plugin, then use the merge system to import the old database to the new database, if you install mybb on the old database it will wipe everything

Thanks for quick reply.
I am not getting Merge System is this what you are talking about?
http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system/

BTW thanks for clearing that I must not install on old Database but I am not getting this merge system. As far as I understood it help in converting xyz to mybb 1.6.7.
It will also merge to mybb databases hence why it is a merge system and not a converter
It seems what is installed in your friends website is not clear... Yes I understand you are familiar with Wordpress, but is your the website using Wordpress or just MyBB or Both? I need to qualify your situation so I can give accurate help.