MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Calendar Privacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Folks,

I"m curious if anyone has done any mods that can make calendars enjoy the same level of privacy as boards -- in otherwords group as well as individual and global access.

I haven't seen any of that here, but before I got hacking around I just wanted to know if someone else already went that route!

Thanks,
stephan
Yes, I was wondering the exact same thing today! It's either private, so only you can see it, or public, where everyone can see it! There should be an option where only members can see it!
Add a new field (gids) of type varchar to the events table. Modify the event editors (new event, edit event) to show a check box for each group to which the current user belongs (if the current user is amin then show all groups); also include a checkbox for public (viewable by all) and one for private. Join the IDs of the checked groups with a comma, then store in the gids field. Finally, add logic to the month, day, and event views to make sure the user has proper permissions to view each event. Using a REGEX-enabled database will come in handy.
LOL...now that's about as clear as mud! Wink But thanks for responding. Can anyone put this in step by step instructions?
This is very borderline for me. I might be able to figure it from here. I appreciate the help, but I too would love a bit of a step by step, it'd save me hours.

Regardless, I am appreciative of the time!

Fondly,
stephan