MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [GAME/SCI/TECH] New Gaming, Science, and Technology Forums! [READ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: logo.png]

Hello everyone,

I've been working on this forums for a long time now. Actually I already had a forums but then deleted it because I wanted to switch over to MyBB.

Basically it's a Gaming, Science, and Technology Forums. (Science still hasn't been decided yet.)

It is going to have many features, and the forums will definitely be a great place to hang out, discuss interesting topics etc...

I have posted on my blog about the upcoming forums.
Read here: http://www.akshayproductions.com/blog/ne...-features/

There will be promotions for registering early and contests for referring.

I will open registration on August 1st.
Post below on what you think about the forums! Also, you can comment on the blog post I gave you.
Those free tabs come up yet again...
Yup. I am just using it for 4 tabs. Home Gaming Science and Technology. 4 categories of my site. Further categories are going to be in the tabs.

So what do you think of my forums? Anyone going to join?
Hmm. I think - that as with many keen new forum owners - you are showing the site a little too soon.

You have no content yet and you have the tabs (I know it looks cool) and you dont really need them. You have them because you have lots of empty categories and forums.

look at the scenarios below:

Scenario: There is a bar in town that allow people to pretty much do what they like because they are desperate for customers. They let guys in without a shirt and let them drink far too much. What is your opinion of that bar?

Scenario 2: There is a bar in town that is always nice and tidy but there are no people in there. What is your opinion of that bar?

Scenario 3: There is a bar in town and it is full of people and they are all yelling and shouting and it is hard to get served a drink. If you get noticed you get to go in the VIP lounge, but getting noticed is hard. What is your opinion of that bar?

Scenario 4: There is a bar in town that is nice and tidy and well decorated and people are inside chatting and having fun - it is NOT full, you can get served easily. What about that bar?

Forums are like bars. Which bar do you want to be?
I would take choice number 4. As I am reaching my release date. I am posting new threads, so when people join they can post on them.

What would be your suggestion?
So how do you get people to come inside? Right now - you have scenario 2. The forum is nice enough but there are a lot of empty rooms, no people inside. There is no beer (content). Have you ever been in a restaurant where there are big areas roped off and the chairs are up on the tables as there are not enough customers? Lights out on that side etc. That is your forum.

You need to add content and make the "rooms" smaller and more compact. Have a max of ten forums. Best advice I ever got? Make every category a forum, make every forum a thread. Then get posting and get your friends posting.

Get rid of the shoutbox. Make people post, not shout. Shouts are not content.
Hmm... I will remove the shoutbox for now. The reason i have no members and posts is because I have disabled registering until August 1st, when it releases. I'll try to invite some of my friends to it.
You also need to reduce current categories to forums and current forums to threads as I said. That way you won't need the tabs and it will look a lot nicer.
The Forums, is released go and sign up.I know it's a little bit empty but we need a start with members.
Here are the promotions and contests for signing up early:

[PROMOTION] [AUG 1 - AUG 15]#1 Triple Income Points![2012]

[CONTEST] [AUG 1 - AUG 15]#2 Free Instant VIP[2012]
I feel like Leefish wasted his time giving you good advice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4