MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Normal Server Load?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is a normal server load?
It depends on how many cores the server has. That's the main factor you need to know to tell if the server load is too high.

Generally speaking, but it varies, is that if the server has single core and is above 0.70 then it's something which should be looked in to.
3 users online 40 server load is that alot?
From the looks of it, yes, but please note that the server load is calculated by the load on the server, not the load on your website. Other websites which are hosted on the server will contribute towards the server load.

I doubt the server has 40 cores (I have yet to see a MyBB forum hosted on a super computer) so I would advise you contact your host regarding the high load to see if they can suspend any accounts which are using excessive resources.
Yeah seems as another site is causing the issue i thought it was for my site only..

do you recommend vps's are they easy to use / setup
(2012-07-30, 05:00 PM)xStefan Wrote: [ -> ]do you recommend vps's are they easy to use / setup

Not unless you have experience running a server. In this case I would simply suggest moving to another web host. With three users online there isn't any need to switch to a VPS. That would be going over the top to solve this issue.

See here for a list of web hosts: http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827.html
(2012-07-30, 05:08 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-30, 05:00 PM)xStefan Wrote: [ -> ]do you recommend vps's are they easy to use / setup

Not unless you have experience running a server. In this case I would simply suggest moving to another web host. With three users online there isn't any need to switch to a VPS. That would be going over the top to solve this issue.

See here for a list of web hosts: http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827.html

I will be hosting offshore at the moment im hosting with altushost signed up there yesterday... you know any good offshore hosts in nl,sweden etc.