MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NFL Football pool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just searched through the forum and didn't see anything so thought I would ask here.

I am running a football pool here for American football games.

The process is simple - really.

Each week up to 16 games are played.

Contestants select the team they think will win. Scores are tabulated after the Monday Night game and a winnner is declared.

Tiebreakers are generally resolved with the Monday Night game by people predicting the final combined score, with the person closest to the final score without going over being the winner.

Now, for my question.

Is there a plugin for something like this or something that someone else has developed that is similar that could automate much of this?

i.e. Dave puts in his picks for Week 3 games
Jim puts in his picks for week 3
and so on.

As it is right now, I have people that are just hand typing in their picks and then I have to go through and manually count each persons picks.

When it is 3 or 4 people, it is easy. When it is 3-400 people, it is a nightmare.
there isn't a plugin for this but I am considering making one. I have written several before and have a basic win/lose/draw one I have written for Joomla that I may convert to mybb later.

I am considering building my site completely around mybb instead of mixed mode and if so I will bring over a lot of the stuff I have on my live site
You could try the fantasy football script over on source forge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpffl/