MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Selling MyBBAddict.com - PR1 - *Themers/Plugins Coders Click Here!*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yeah, if it doesn't sell I'd probably be happier because I know I can always go back to it. But thanks for the kind words Smile
(2012-07-31, 04:13 AM)BitzDefender Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the offer, looking for a good amount higher than that. Note the custom theme, all the optimization, organic traffic, solid domain name, good amount of users/posts, the customization (postbit, avatars on threadlist), the Downloads database, the custom tutorials written for the website, social networking accounts, etc. It is quite the package.

Any chance you could provide any analytics of your traffic?

Even by PM,

I'm interested.
Bid withdrawn... Almost 6 months and no info on when bidding will end
(2012-08-20, 05:43 PM)Athlon Wrote: [ -> ]My offer is $80

Noted, thank you.
Still looking for offers.
To be honest, I would be really quite interested but as one of the first things I would do is change the theme and the downloads system then I would be left with the domain name, content, the db and the not very active userbase. I don't really see where that is worth the current offer (just my opinion) without a bit more info on whether the site makes enough to pay for it's hosting and pay for the initial investment.

If you have some up to date numbers on forum activity and how much revenue you are getting from ads/account upgrades then I might be tempted. I am after all a MyBB Addict Big Grin
My approach to forums is to pay out of the pocket for the first three months. Then you can introduce ads and upgraded forum accounts. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to 3 months because the admin (me) lost time and interest. And we all know when that happens, the forum dies.

But the monetizing opportunities are very obvious. Upgraded memberships, premium-only downloads, and of course ads. Anybody could monetize a site like MyBBAddict because of the audience it attracts. The "up-to-date" numbers are exactly as they were when I made the OP. Maybe a couple more posts, registrations, and private messages but basically there is nothing to update.

The download system is a very reliable paid plugin that has a good amount of content on it already so I don't see why you would remove it. It was something that attracted many of our members and enticed people to upload their free materials, and you can also upload your own paid downloads to monetize. But if you were interested I would be selling the site as it is, I wouldn't lower my asking price if somebody was going to remove features after the purchase.

The $80 current offer is a small price to pay to have everything laid out for you. You don't have to worry about the things you normally would. You simply make small changes and start advertising again. Some people like having it laid out so that is why they offered that small amount of cash, other people may like doing it all themselves. If you are the former this website is for you, and if you are the latter you won't see why somebody would pay $80 if it isn't pulling in revenue.
Thanks for the detailed reply - I think - that I am neither the former nor the latter. Right now, as it is not monetised and the community is very inactive then I think it will need a lot of work to get it to a stage that is monetisable (is that a word even?).

I think you are right though - for somebody who wants to pick up a forum and go, no extra work apart from building the community and the content - it is a good buy. For someone who wants to build an own idea (me) - probably better to start from scratch.
(2012-10-29, 02:18 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the detailed reply - I think - that I am neither the former nor the latter. Right now, as it is not monetised and the community is very inactive then I think it will need a lot of work to get it to a stage that is monetisable (is that a word even?).

I think you are right though - for somebody who wants to pick up a forum and go, no extra work apart from building the community and the content - it is a good buy. For someone who wants to build an own idea (me) - probably better to start from scratch.

Correct. Thank you for the interest.
Still looking for offers. Still getting a ton of organic traffic from Google.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5