MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Selling MyBBAddict.com - PR1 - *Themers/Plugins Coders Click Here!*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: xzd39.png]

Why Am I Selling It?
If you are a theme designer, plugin coder, or you are experienced in MyBB then this forum is the perfect startup for you. I am selling it because I did not have time to pursue my designing career due to other reasons and as a result I lost interest in the website. When the owner loses interest, so do the members. The forum stills gets daily registrations and over 50 unique visits per day.

Search Engine Optimization/Keyword Analysis
MyBBAddict.com is a PR1 domain name that gets 90% organic traffic with terms like "mybb themes," "mybb tricks," "mybb tutorials," and a plethora of other terms that can be viewed here: http://statcounter.com/p7658711/keyword_...y/?guest=1
The domain is on page 1 on Google for countless search terms, all the hardwork of SEO is done for you. We have over ten thousand legitimate backlinks.

How Does MyBBAddict earn revenue?
Besides the obvious premium account membership and advertisements, if you are a plugin coder or theme designer this website is perfect for you. There is a download system set up where users can make payments via Paypal to buy your themes/plugins, all automatic. You can sell your premium themes/plugins for profit and your free themes/plugins to bring traffic to the website. If the forum sells for $200, and you sell a premium theme for $25 you'll earn your money back with 8 sales.

You can view full analytics here: http://statcounter.com/p7658711/summary/?guest=1
URL: http://mybbaddict.com

You are bidding on the domain mybbaddict.com, the database and all customizations with it, and all ownership of the website. Domain expires 3/6/2014.

Buy Out: $300
Current Offer: $110 by Detrition

Past Offers:
$20 (outbid)
$40 (outbid)
$80 (expired)
Let's start the bidding at $20. Like you said, The community is dead.
Thanks for the offer, looking for a good amount higher than that. Note the custom theme, all the optimization, organic traffic, solid domain name, good amount of users/posts, the customization (postbit, avatars on threadlist), the Downloads database, the custom tutorials written for the website, social networking accounts, etc. It is quite the package.
I'm not looking to buy it - I'm merely starting the bidding.

People are looking for established forums with decent activity.

And besides, I can't fork out another $250 and time for another forum.
No problem, just used your bid as an excuse to put some information out there.
Honestly, only things or thing that interest me are the databases. Domain name and theme are hardly worth anything to me, don't really care much about the daily 100 unique visitors.

Don't bicker about my negative honest views, but you're in a position where selling your property shows clearly that you have no interest in it neither do you see potential.

Good luck with the sale.
(2012-07-31, 12:05 PM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, only things or thing that interest me are the databases. Domain name and theme are hardly worth anything to me, don't really care much about the daily 100 unique visitors.

Don't bicker about my negative honest views, but you're in a position where selling your property shows clearly that you have no interest in it neither do you see potential.

Good luck with the sale.

You have it all wrong, than. This forum was up for a solid three weeks (not much, but they [i]were[/u] a solid three weeks) where I worked on it everyday for 4-12 hours just advertising, designing, customizing, making posts, writing tutorials, etc. I put a lot into the forum...but when you do that all day for literally a month straight (no exaggeration, I'd be online all day working on it) you get worn out after awhile. The potential here has the same potential as any popular MyBB forum. If you are a theme designer, plugin coder, or you are experienced in MyBB then this forum is the perfect startup for you. It can be compared to websites like Yaldaram's.

It is true I am looking for offers because I am currently not interested in pursuing its success. But with everything that was done in 3 weeks time, it definitely has potential. I wouldn't have started it if it had zero potential. I keep the website up simply to retain its rank on Google and on the off-chance I'll start working on it again.

Sorry for ranting, but I'm not interested in selling solely the database and I just wanted to let people know I'm not selling this just because it has no potential or something like that. It died down because I lost interest, not others. My members were still posting 2-3 weeks after I stopped advertising and getting online. And you know what happens next.
Current offer up to $40.
Bump.
Just a sort of opinion I'm putting out there. Peter's site definitely has a lot of potential and can be useful for those admins who don't want to waste time setting everything up. The members definitely want the forum to be active and that's something you don't find often in inactive sites. If I had the motivation or time, I would have bid on this website. But I don't. So I hope it goes to someone who will actually do some good with it and not strip it down and merge its database with another site just for the posts and users.

Good luck mate. Sad to see the site go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5