MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All Users Deleted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was installing an "Upgrade" plugin on my forum for members to buy VIP for extra access, and i'm not sure if that interfered with it, but it deleted my entire members list, and even my user. Is there any way to fix this? Sad
What was the plugin ? And what's your site URL ?
The upgrade plugin can't interfere with the members. Can you provide a link to your website and the exact name of the plugin?
my site URL is totalforums.net. It deleted all the previous members. I was installing MySubscriptions.
This thing is confusing, I can't help you out. Sorry.
The plugin could not delete the users. You must of did it yourself or someone else did(other staff).
What file stores all the users? Should i just redo my forum?
Do you have any database backups?
You should ALWAYS download a database backup just in case something like this happens.

Review over your staff, one of your admins must have done this who had "super admin" as well (or went through your phpMyAdmin or whatever you use).
(2012-07-31, 05:17 AM)g2uypie Wrote: [ -> ]I was installing an "Upgrade" plugin on my forum for members to buy VIP for extra access, and i'm not sure if that interfered with it, but it deleted my entire members list, and even my user. Is there any way to fix this? Sad

You downloaded this plugin illegally.

Another member had this problem a while back and it turned out the plugin was tampered with. When activating the plugin it deleted all members/posts/threads etc....

Post the "activate" & "install" function of the plugin here.

Word of advice, don't use plugins illegally.
(2012-07-31, 10:34 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-31, 05:17 AM)g2uypie Wrote: [ -> ]I was installing an "Upgrade" plugin on my forum for members to buy VIP for extra access, and i'm not sure if that interfered with it, but it deleted my entire members list, and even my user. Is there any way to fix this? Sad

You downloaded this plugin illegally.

Another member had this problem a while back and it turned out the plugin was tampered with. When activating the plugin it deleted all members/posts/threads etc....

Post the "activate" & "install" function of the plugin here.

Word of advice, don't use plugins illegally.

While i agree.. it doesnt help when you google it, its like result 4-5 down the list. And for probably people who dont check the plugin before installing it. Its a easy trap to set up.. kinda sad even besides the point its not allowed. But when something so high up the search ranking list is a direct trap.

Another reason i hate downloading stuff as plugins from other sites. Would be kinda nice if MyBB in some form with their new plugin page added the option to make a payed plugin or something. Would make it all safer if you ask me.