MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You're welcome.. Smile

When you finish the install, don't forget to chmod config.php back to 644 and delete the install folder and everything else that is in it.. Sometimes the "lock" file isn't auto-generated and can cause logging in problems. Wink
That's because you have to chmod the install directory to 777 for it to generate Smile
Hi CraKter,

Thanks for that little snippet, as it was something I never knew... Sad and have seen the problem posted here before, without that being explained.

Yet! my install dir was 755 and the lock file was generated.. Must be a server thing.. Lol!
That's impossible 0.o
Either that or your server is stupid or it is an windows server without permissions!
Apache... As in 'Linux' server.. Toungue

It is strange though as I never chmod anything other than 755 and don't have these problems that other people seem to get. And I've been on 6 different servers.. I've also had install problems with folders being chmodded to 777 and the server rejecting the install as a security risk with the Error-Message "folder is accessible to all"

Mmmmm... ? The wacky world of cyberspace... Lol!
Pages: 1 2 3