MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So if someone is denied support and their site gets hacked.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm wondering if someone is denied support and their site gets hacked are they allowed to ask for help?
Eh no Confused

Thats support isn't it. Rolleyes
Lol so should I take that as a NO?
/Moved to MyBB.com Community & Site Issues.

If you are denied support then you do not get support here, simple as that really.
There are other places you can get MyBB support besides us.
More info on our policy here: http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Support_eligibility.html
(2012-07-31, 02:20 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]/Moved to MyBB.com Community & Site Issues.

If you are denied support then you do not get support here, simple as that really.
There are other places you can get MyBB support besides us.
More info on our policy here: http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Support_eligibility.html

"Simple as that really"

I was curious that's why I asked this question. I asked because what if the user doesn't know how to fix their site and needs help. God you could have just said NO Wink
If a user doesn't know how to fix their site and they are denied support we would not provide support to them, no matter their situation.

So in answer to your question, no :p
Surely you dont need it to be spelt out as NO for you to understand what the answer is. If someone is denied support, they are denied for a reason. If the user doesn't know how to fix their site then basically its tough s**t, they shouldn't have been doing something illegal or against the mybb rules in the first place.
I agree why would you have illegal content with mybbb its a free program so if you need help tough luck because you have illegal content
(2012-07-31, 02:23 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ][..] God you could have just said NO Wink

So that you could complain to how the MyBB team go around the forum answering just "No"s?

They need to answer as clear as possible so that users don't complain... more that they already do at least.
It's worth noting that if someone is hacked and they are denied support here, the chances of them reporting the vulnerability before someone else is hit is basically zero.
Pages: 1 2