MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cache on Windows server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would anyone be able to explain how to install either xCache or eAccelerator on a Windows server? Perhaps by posting a tutorial, or by linking to one. This is a Windows Server 2008.

Also, which cache type is considered best?

Thank you,
Bump, if I may.
This isn't specific to MyBB but it generally looks correct. I'm a Linux user so I won't likely be able to help you any further than this.

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Installing_APC_in_Windows
Thanks for the reply.

Would that work with MyBB? I'm thinking it would work with MyBB because it uses PHP, but not entirely because MyBB only takes advantage of three cache types (Memcache, xCache and eAccelerator)?
Please could someone tell me the difference between Memcache and Memcached?
memcache is the php module, iirc. Memcached is the daemon running on the server, doing the caching.
Thanks, Josh H.

Please can I request this thread to be moved to one of the General Support forums?

Is anyone able to help further with this? Is my Windows environment a limiting factor when considering cache support?
Moving to MyBB 1.6 general support for you.

Regarding APC, if you can get that installed it will be beneficial as it acts as an opcode cache. That + file based caching can sometimes be faster than database based caching.

Regarding windows being a limiting environment, it could be but if you're comfortable and have an established forum running on a Windows server, there's little point moving at this point really.