MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow users to register without providing an email on the registration page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to allow users to register without an email.
Any ideas on how I can do this?
It would require core file edits. Emails are really required, they are needed for password resets, subscriptions, PM alerts, etc.
(2012-08-01, 04:58 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]It would require core file edits. Emails are really required, they are needed for password resets, subscriptions, PM alerts, etc.

Alright, can you help me figure out the core edits?
I pretty much want to remove all email functionality. No password resets, subscriptions, pm alerts, ect.

I have removed all these options from the profile anyways.

I cannot have my server send ANY outbound emails whatsoever due to security and privacy risks.
Experimental plugin:
[attachment=26971]

It just makes filling in the email optional. Don't use with email verification.
A few low level edits are recommended but if you wish to disable email entirely...

Edit inc/functions.php, find
function my_mail($to, $subject, $message, $from="", $charset="", $headers="", $keep_alive=false, $format="text", $message_text="", $return_email="")
{
add after
return true;
(2012-08-01, 10:20 PM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Experimental plugin:

It just makes filling in the email optional. Don't use with email verification.
A few low level edits are recommended but if you wish to disable email entirely...

Edit inc/functions.php, find
function my_mail($to, $subject, $message, $from="", $charset="", $headers="", $keep_alive=false, $format="text", $message_text="", $return_email="")
{
add after
return true;
actually the problem here is that this removes all checks on the page. It will no longer check for existing usernames, or same passwords.
once again, thanks but this removes all password checks....
Those functions work 100% okay for me, tested in Firefox 13 and IE7/8.
I presume you're referring to the Javascript checks (both Javascript and PHP checks work for me).
Double check that your Javascript isn't messed up and perhaps try this on a clean install of MyBB.
My registration now works... the only problem is I can no longer post threads. It just goes to a blank thread, and that's it.