MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How Do I Create Anchor Buttons in the editor.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sad

I give up,

Adding button-anchors in the editor (Codebuttons) to automate adding wrappers was never a big deal..

How and where is it done these days... in v1.2 ??? Obviously not in the codebutton template.. Toungue
Inside jscripts/editor.js Smile

Find:
this.insertStandardButton(formatting, "u", "images/codebuttons/underline.gif", "u", "", this.options.lang.title_underline);
You just add what you want under there Smile
Something like the above string.
Thanks Crakter, Wink

I thought it was in the .js by the way it was called in the template...

Is this going to work, or is there a .php file I was looking at that had an array for buttons also.. I don't want to spend a lot of time browsing for answers, else I'll just post the MyCode and let someone else worry about adding buttons.Big Grin

this.insertStandardButton(formatting, "video", "images/codebuttons/video.gif", "video", "", this.options.lang.title_video);
That *should* work, although you do need to add the language if you don't change this.options.lang.title_video to "Language".
You should check the function build_mycode_inserter in inc/functions.php if not.
Thanks again mate,

I took the bull by the horns so to speak and edited the .js script after the php entry, and it appears to working just fine... Smile

And as you say the languge file has to be modified with a new entry for the video function help.

Not quite sure what that needs at the moment or where to put it.. I've been out of this for some time...
Add it to global.lang.php.
As $l['editor_title_video'] = "Language string here";
Also add 'editor_title_video' to the array in that function.
Thanks CraKter, Big Grin

It's all working and I'll recheck the install script and post them as mods... There's video (wmv) and Flash (swf). and it's looking good.

This line was a bit deceiving.. Also add
'editor_title_video' 
to the array in that function. Toungue

Should be
"editor_title_video",
and added to the build_mycode_inserter array in /inc/functions.php as you suggested.. ToungueToungue

WoW! Big Grin
Well I thought you'd be able to figure that much out yourself :p
No problem Smile