MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum is shutdown and wanted to merge it to an existing forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum is shutdown and wanted to merge it to an existing forum, how can I merge it?
that might cause allot of troubles as far as i know you can add the users/thread table to the existing forum
Its not impossible but you woould need to do the following

1 - find out what the last ide of post and thread were.
2 - Run a script to increment all of the posts and thread id's to be above the current ID
4 - Insert them.

So for instance if the last thread ID in your forums was say 1000, then you would need to make thread_ID 1 from your other forum to be 1001, then all of the posts for thread 1 would need to be changed to be tied to thread id 1001

its not that complicated to do. easiest way would be to make a reference table so have a table with Old_id, New_id that way you can change the thread id's

and then do something like
 update mybb_posts set tid <or whatever it is>=(Select new_id from id_ref_table where old_id = tid) 

all of that is just pseudo code but should give you at least a rough idea of how to do it.

Once you have corrected all of that data you can just do a straight import of that data.

you will have do something similar with users as well as the ID's will be out of whack, you will also therefore have to change the uid of the posts and threads table to match the new ID's
I did encounter using this merge system.

domain.com/merge prmpt me this error message. and I don't seem to see an /.errorlog for this error. I searched for this error and I seem to find no one has this error before except people using wordpress with a host who uses vdeck panel. I'm using fatcow which currently uses vdeck, could this be the issue?

Quote:The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.