MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Experienced moderators wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-08-01, 06:36 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Paid position or? Nvm, just read OP.

You're asking random people you don't know to moderate your board? That just doesn't make sense to me. Promote someone from within, if they are up to it.

There are various reasons I dont want to promote from the board itself - primarily lack of experience and familiarity with the working side of the forum.

(2012-08-01, 06:46 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]If that topic is OK with you, I don't see why you need moderators.

Topics like that are right on the edge and need constant monitoring to keep them to debate and reasoning which is a lot for one person. Obviously there are also other threads and stuff needs seeing to and I am finding my time taken over with direct moderating while other things are pushed onto the back burner which is not what should be happening.
Both of my Staff have never moderated a forum before, but I've never been so satisfied with a decision in my life. It's not hard to do at all, it's incredibly simple. As long as you send them a PM of dos/dont's and a quick "how to..." then you're fine. If they have the right attitude and wouldn't abuse then you promote from within.
I have tried that before - although the forum in its current guise is only a few months old it is a couple of years old from another place.
I've sent you a PM.
Thanks for all the interest positions are now filled.
Pages: 1 2