MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UTD111 - Newcastle United
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Newcastle United Forum

A fans forum about the English Premier league football team Newcastle United.

http://www.utd111.com/forum
[Image: mQ908l.png]

Im going to be honest.. that scared the living day lights out of me..
Please dont do that, it covers one whole page with only that, because its 566px high..
Either make it far smaller, or put it at the least at the bottom.
(2012-08-01, 08:45 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ][Image: mQ908l.png]

Please dont do that, it covers one whole page with only that, because its 566px high..

That's my boy!!

This is what I love about "Showcase" - it's full of people who must, must find something they don't like LOL!

Well done mate!! LOL!
It does seem a very manly laddish forum - but that is football.Big Grin

To a certain extent, I can see why you have the top posters and so on at the top - it looks kind of league-like. I might dress it up to be more like a league table, but that is window-dressing.

On the theme - on a black theme it helps if you use GOOD gifs or pngs. All your gifs have a white feathered edge look. You should look at swapping those out. On the forums - you have 9k+ of posts - and 5k are in two forum sections. Perhaps you could consolidate the others a little bit.

Why blue and black? I thought Newcastle played in black and white Big Grin
Just a few notes:

(2010-07-25, 01:02 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Listing your forum:
Making your listing:
Please provide a clear but brief introduction to your forum[...]

You may also specify that you do not wish to receive comments and feedback, to do this please add "Comments are closed on this thread." to the bottom of your thread.
(2012-08-01, 08:58 PM)bugsley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-01, 08:45 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ][Image: mQ908l.png]

That's my boy!!

This is what I love about "Showcase" - it's full of people who must, must find something they don't like LOL!

Well done mate!! LOL!

Well i didnt really have to find it Toungue

Was the first thing i saw and also coverd the whole page so.
But if you want me to start nitpickking.

-Using Gif images from the default Mybb theme which have the ugly white border around them.
-The images used for blog, facebook and twitter also look rough. Besides that the twitter image is in violation with the twitter logo & brands rule: https://twitter.com/logo
-Then there is the whole black background stuff. I rather would have seen you use some semi-transparent background for the container.
-A nice background image,which would be an extra div placed above the container div with a nice background image. That doesnt get streched out as much as this one. Which makes it all blurry.
-That would also mean some different color/pattern as body image/color etc. to look nice with the overlaying image.

edit (change png to gif .. oops)
Apology folks - I was in "playful" mode last night!! Blush

Thanks for the comments guys - most helpful Big Grin