MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO: URL is passive. Apply changes to core files to activate.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Just setting up my new forum, www.tradnotes.com , I have installed various plugins and most are working fine, but the Google SEO one is giving me problems.

Two notifications are coming up in the Plugins section of the Admin CP,

'URL is passive. Apply changes to core files to activate.

Redirect is enabled and URL is passive. Redirecting SEO URLs back to MyBB's default URLs.'

What is a Passive url?

How can I fix the above problems?

Thanks in advance,
Bezka
Click the Apply changes to core files link. That will modify the ./inc/functions.php to actually make Google SEO work.
(2012-08-01, 07:45 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Click the Apply changes to core files link. That will modify the ./inc/functions.php to actually make Google SEO work.

Thanks,

Didn't notice it there. Toungue

Another problem/question related to the Google SEO Plugin...

Where is the sitemap located?
I'm trying to submit it to google and am testing it.
I have tried www.example.com/inc/plugins/google_seo/sitemap.php but that didn't work.

in the Google SEO user manual it says...
'For the Sitemap to be of any use, you have to submit it to Search Engines. You can automate this process by adding a Sitemap directive to your robots.txt (example robots.txt included in the Google SEO package). By default your Sitemap will be called sitemap-index.xml.'

There is no files in my root directory called sitemap-index.xml

Thanks in advance