MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please review my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://aioforums.net

Please look at it and tell me anything I need to improve, add, or remove. It isn't opened yet til I get some suggestions.

And yes... It is a general and gaming forum but please take a look anyway.

And if someone would, what would go under the tech tab.

Thank you!
Gosh Trickshot. I see you about the MYBB Community a lot, so I am a bit surprised at you posting this in Showcase. It's a standard list of showcase don'ts:

- lots of tabs because it looks cool, but really it makes your board look empty
- loads of empty forums
- in an overcrowded market.

I realise you want to start a forum (that is what we all do) but don't you have another topic you could start with?

It's a shame because I can see you have put a lot of effort in this and you have the potential to make a really cool forum with the right topic.
(2012-08-01, 10:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Gosh Trickshot. I see you about the MYBB Community a lot, so I am a bit surprised at you posting this in Showcase. It's a standard list of showcase don'ts:

- lots of tabs because it looks cool, but really it makes your board look empty
- loads of empty forums
- in an overcrowded market.

I realise you want to start a forum (that is what we all do) but don't you have another topic you could start with?

It's a shame because I can see you have put a lot of effort in this and you have the potential to make a really cool forum with the right topic.

I don't know what to make it about. I don't really find anything interesting except gaming but there are already too many dominant gaming forums. I made it general because they tend to be more user friendly and eye catching.

Thanks and I will fix the empty forums, I'm not done with the forum yet so I jut posted this to get any tips or suggestions before I do really showcase it.

:3
Well, you have to have a favourite game no? Like I love to play sims Big Grin

If you were to focus on one game and really go in depth that might help - walkthrus, tutorials, strategies, fave characters, video sequences of cool moments, shipping characters* - there is a lot you can do.

*Though from what I have heard about Call of Duty shipping those characters might get you a death threat.........
(2012-08-01, 10:22 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you have to have a favourite game no? Like I love to play sims Big Grin

If you were to focus on one game and really go in depth that might help - walkthrus, tutorials, strategies, fave characters, video sequences of cool moments, shipping characters* - there is a lot you can do.

*Though from what I have heard about Call of Duty shipping those characters might get you a death threat.........
THe only game I like to play is bike race on iOS lol. Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
The one thing I don't like is the Red, it's so hard on the eyes.. go with a nice blue like mybb.com
Also get rid of those tabs!
(2012-08-01, 10:16 PM)Trickshot Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what to make it about.

Then why open a forum?
(2012-08-01, 10:24 PM)Trickshot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-01, 10:22 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you have to have a favourite game no? Like I love to play sims Big Grin

THe only game I like to play is bike race on iOS lol. Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

+1 to what leefish said. I opened a forum for an upcoming game specifically for my country and it garnered a lot of activity. 3k posts in one month.
Board looks simple yet sleek, keep it up.
I love that the Twitter feed box is empty.
Pages: 1 2