MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change collapse address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks much Leefish for your help.
But I wanted to make it through template edit to effect in a single theme (theme dependent) not core file edit.

I want the changes implemented to a theme I make. So, template or CSS edit are the only options.
Well, you need to use a nice gif instead. It doesn't have to be a png.
Mmm ... I think so.
But the edge finish of png is better than gif. Anyway, thank you.
(2012-08-02, 02:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Does the collapse still work? By just changing the image address?

oh, no!
bad instruction Smile
It doesn't have to be core edit to all themes,you can specifically general.js in headerinclude in any theme.Edit general.js file and replace gif instances with png and save it as general_custom.js and in headerinclude temple of your theme find

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1603"></script>

and remove it ,then paste

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general_custom.js?ver=1603"></script>

and save it.

You will now have collapse / expand function with png extensions in theme A (your current theme) and all other themes are going to behave default since general.js isn't edited.

Or you can just copy content of general.js and paste it in headerinclude template (in script tag) and replace gif with png in collapse / expand function (you also need to remove

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1603"></script>

from that headerinclude template)
Oh I see. I thought the OP wanted to share a theme for release - I get it now. Yes, that would definitely work.
Good idea Big Grin I'll try it.

and yes. I "wanted to share a theme for release". In-face I've already submitted that. It is under review. I'll try to implement it in next revision.
Pages: 1 2