MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reposting question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wouldn't worry to much about it. I use a lot of information from large medical and news websites and have never had a problem, and I know some of the large medical sites have visited my forum.

As long as you are crediting the source and not making it sound like your own work, or making changes to the original content then I would think most websites would be happy.

It's not stealing if you credit the source, it's sharing information. it's in the public domain to be seen by anyone and talked about. The BBC today mentioned about Syria on the TV and credited Reuters as the source.
(2012-08-02, 01:27 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It is called breaking the law and not giving a monkeys. You don't have to do it too.

(2012-08-02, 01:34 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you copy paste then yes. If you rephrase then no. It might be best to do a synopsis of the main points and then link to the full article.

(2012-08-02, 01:39 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Even if there is a notice stating it may not be reposted you can usually still post some quotes as long as you give attribution. As it would be classified under fair use.

Nah, i'm not talking about copy paste.
Thanks anyway both for the input Big Grin
Pages: 1 2