MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting multiquote in postbit templates to CSS button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having some trouble applying my CSS button class to the multiquote in postbit. What ends up happening is posts won't quote. I append class="button" before the first href and remove the img src, alt, and title because all that is needed is {$lang->postbit_multiquote} between the a tags. I left everything intact from default including the script besides the changes I mention above. Anyone know to fix this or has done this? I've read that Fish uses all CSS in his postbit... So I assume there's a workaround?
Find in:
Post Bit Templates > postbit_multiquote

There you'll find the image path. Replace it with your button text and append the class as you are doing.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I believe my OP explained that I did exactly that. Lol
I'm not learned in JavaScript so I don't know how the multiquote works and if there is dependencies in the images... And applying my universal CSS button class to the multiquote element renders the multiquote function inoperable even though my very basic CSS button class works. ... Anyone have a work around?
I may have lied horribly - or omitted to mention that I don't have multiquote enabled Toungue

The easiest way is to just add two small images - a + and a - and have those as the img src. That is how envira does it I think.

Tomm edits his js and gets a multiquote to work with pure css - I think he did outline how, but I have already a heavily edited postbuttons style and I would have to redo it all, in billions of XThreads templates...... so I didn't do it on leefish. It did work on a default I tested with.

I shall try and find the link.

Here we go : http://community.mybb.com/thread-120533-...#pid873660
Thank you!

(2012-08-05, 12:27 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]in billions of XThreads templates......
Would you be able to export (your template) as XML and then use Dreamweavers Find/replace function to automate the conversion? I've been doing a lot of that recently.
I actually did it ages ago - was quite easy actually.
Off topic but have you ever used Tables2CSS to convert your templates Leefish?
I'm trying to find a script that I can use to run MyBB's XML template file through to change tables to divs.. instead of manually doing each one 600+ times...