MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not Sending Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Im using MyBB1.6.8 and using a free hosting from freehostingcloud.com. I've read some of the threads here about my issue and executed some of the suggested but nothing works. I'm confused if I missed some settings in my adminCP and server mailbox. Here's my settings:

In my hosting server, I created a mailbox ([email protected]). Then I went to mysite.tk/admin/index.php and Settings>>General Configuration>>Admin Email

Now what would be the format of my Admin Email? [email protected] or [email protected] (mailbox)? As for a test, I put the mailbox address [email protected].

And for Settings>>General Configuration>>Contact Us Link and Mailing Address? What would be the format? Does it need to be fill in? As for a test I put in Contact Us Link (mailto:[email protected]) and leave blank for Mailing Address.

Then next I set the Setting>>Mail Settings>>Mail Handler to SMTP. I tried PHP Mail but no work (no errors in server and no errors in adminCP email system logs) still no received email. So I use SMTP.

Now in SMTP, what would be in SMTP Hostname? Is it (mail.mysite.freehostingcloud.com) or would it be (smtp.yahoo.com) coz Im using yahoomails. Im not sure what to put in that setting. Or any? As for a test I put (mail.mysite.freehostingcloud.com).

SMTP Port is 25 (Im not sure with this).
SMTP Username is [email protected]
PASSWORD is private hehe
No Encryption
Log Everything
Message ID is No

I'm not sure with my settings, when I register to my own site as a dummy to know if it works, still no email verification code. Then I went to my adminCP>>Tools&Maintenance>>System Mail Logs and found this error (The mail server doe not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: 550 5.1.1 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (chkuser) ).

What could possibly my missed? Is it my setting? My server? Can this be fix? Please help Sad

Here is my forum Phcentral.tk
Your SMTP host should be provided in your web hosting details. I believe for that host it's mail.mysite.freehostingcloud.com

Port looks correct too. Smile
Yes my Host Server is mail.mysite.freehostingcloud.com as they provided in MY EMAILS section in clientarea and thats what I put in SMTP Hostname (mail.mysite.freehostingcloud.com). But why I still get errors until now? No mailbox by that name blah blah blah. And no email verification send at my dummy email and user?

bump,