MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin refugee....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I became very disillusioned with vB and decided to throw in the towel. Currently I am looking for a new home. I have been looking at several of the alternatives (commercial and non-commercial) and stumbled through your door, which was slightly ajar.

I was a coder over at vB, designing and authoring jQuery mods to make certain areas of the interface a little more interesting/useful/sexy.
Among those mods that I produced were;
Comprehensive tooltip (overlay)
Log-In/Register dialogue (overlay and slide-in)
Mini-Stats overlay (which in reality was very comprehensive)
Who's online overlay
Whats going on overlay
Chat/shoutbox in overlay or slider

Does anybody feel that anything along these lines would be welcome here? (all my mods are free by the way, I'm a bored pensioner, wiling away my time doing something I enjoy)

Please let me know, I need a new home [Image: 01.gif]
We're always interested in new plugins Smile Any chance you could provide any other details about what yours actually do?
I don't think MyBB would be a bad choice especially with 1.8 where there will be no hard-coded html so you can do whatever you want.
Because it's already been stated at least once?
Off-topic: Are you actually from Cornwall?
Sure, MyBB welcomes everyone Smile jQuery mods would be welcome also Smile
(2012-08-04, 01:22 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]We're always interested in new plugins Smile Any chance you could provide any other details about what yours actually do?
I can show you (hope I'm allowed to) have a butchers at THIS and THIS
There are some screenshots at the bottom of the page(s).
When I disposed of my final vB license I obviously was not allowed to post code/files etc in vb.org so I had to create a site of my own to display the legacy wares.

(2012-08-04, 01:37 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Off-topic: Are you actually from Cornwall?
LOL, yep, moved down here to Nr. Looe about twenty five years ago. Love the place.
Same! Where are you at?

Edit: Nvm, just saw Looe. Everyone I meet from Cornwall online is near there, you must have awesome internet or something. Toungue