MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email problems, Already followed wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am using MyBB 1.6.5. First thing I must say is this seems like a great piece of software!

I installed the forum to an existing site a few months ago. Since then I have not put much work into it. Now I am at a point where I want to start making use of the forum. Since i`ve started work on it I have noticed no emails are sending. The member sign up email, admin notification emails. Nothing. I have searched and searched on here and all the replies seems to point to the same thing...... check the wiki. I have checked wiki, I have done the php email test and the email sends fine. It shows up in the inbox. It only seems to be from the forum it does not send.

I have also tried smtp settings given to me by the host and the same thing happens. No emails come through.

Any ideas as I would love to make full use of this great software!

Thank you

Anyone???

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have followed the "usual" advice in 99% of other posts with this problem. The advice in the wiki help pages is no help at all. Any ideas??
Try upgrading to 1.6.8 first. There may have been bug fixes to do with emails since then Smile
Its worth a go but i`ve been avoiding upgrading as I have a completely custom template skinned to match the rest of the website. Is the latest version still compatible with existing templates? How can I make sure the template is not lost in the upgrade?
Yes 1.6.8 is only a bugfix release so shouldn't majorly affect your theme. There are however two changes to templates.
These templates are forumjump_advanced and moderation_getip.
I shouldn't think they are modified as they don't particularly contribute to the theme of the forum.

You can always take a copy of these templates just in case Toungue