MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customizing Theme Question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I just installed ModernVB Ultimate Theme and I cannot change the custome links that are on the front page. I go into ACP->Theme->Templates->Header but in the header box there are no links to be found? Huh

My next question is, how can I edit my new theme, while I still have my old theme running? I forgot how, could someone please remind me?

Thanks!
Try looking to see if the links are in the welcome block.

Secondly, to edit your theme while running the old, set that theme to be viewable by admin only (theme properties in ACP) and set it as your theme in your UCP.(or via ACP)
Thanks for the reply, but where is the option only to set the theme to admin? All I see under controls is Edit Theme/Delete Theme/Set As Default/Force On Users/Export theme?
You are probably in the wrong place - see attached screenshot.

Home » Themes » Theme you want to work on. Scroll down and you will see it.
This is what I see:

[attachment=26993][attachment=26994]
So click on the modern vb theme - then you will see what I showed. Big Grin
[attachment=26995]I have it on Adminstators already, but I still see my other theme not the one I want to edit?
User CP -> Edit Options -> Select your theme from the drop-down box.

Or do it through the Admin CP by editing your account.
Thanks Tecca, got it. I used the CP option!

So, back to my first question. Which WelcomeBlock do I edit to edit the URLs on the front page?
Right - well, yes you would have to select it in User CP to see it yourself - but to stop other seeing it while you work on it you need to set it to admin only.

Anyway.....

LOOK in the welcome blocks in the templates for that theme. Is the menu in there?