MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Put forum stats just below header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen those stat boxes where it's like "42 posts" with a box around it then "13 threads" with a box around it etc... How do you get these and is it possible to put them just below the header?

Thanks Smile
Those are the outputs from the board stats with css applied. Try looking in the tutorials section on this board.

Yes, I guess you could put them right under the header, but that is taking up space above the fold.
(2012-08-05, 12:50 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Those are the outputs from the board stats with css applied. Try looking in the tutorials section on this board.

Yes, I guess you could put them right under the header, but that is taking up space above the fold.

Ok, thanks.

What's the fold? I'm basically wanting it to be just above the top category on my board but just under the navigation links.
The fold is the line in the screen that the user can see above when they enter your site. It is usually advised that you keep the content that you think will interest and engage the user ABOVE the fold.

When the user scrolls down and only then sees it then that content is termed as below the fold.

Do you think that boardstats are very interesting and will encourage users to post? If so, put them in the header.
(2012-08-05, 01:19 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The fold is the line in the screen that the user can see above when they enter your site. It is usually advised that you keep the content that you think will interest and engage the user ABOVE the fold.

When the user scrolls down and only then sees it then that content is termed as below the fold.

Do you think that boardstats are very interesting and will encourage users to post? If so, put them in the header.

That's my intention. Do I need to edit the template?
Yes, you will need to move the {$boardstats} variable to just below the header in the index template. Assuming {$boardstats} is the template you edited.
As for styling them, take a look here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-120514.html
Thanks, I'll go try it and see how I get on!

Got it working perfectly, thanks!