MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Release MyBB changed files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the other updates you have released the changed files as well as all the files. Would it be possible to upload the new copy of MyBB and your forum still work. I think not because of the /inc/config.php file and the /inc/languages and /inc/plugins being changed so could you upload the main MyBB release but keep some of the old files. Would that be possible?
Yes, providing you haven't made any changes to any of the MyBB core files. config.php, plugins, languages, and any other additional files/directories will not be affected when you upload the latest copy of MyBB to upgrade.
I think ill just wait for the changed files
Changed files package for 1.6.8 is available!?
No it's not available.
(2012-08-07, 03:05 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]No it's not available.

Yes, it is.

http://blog.mybb.com/2012/05/27/mybb-1-6...e-release/
Oh I was looking at the downloads page where it used to have a download link. Thanks Nathan Malcolm

Turns out I was using MyBB version 1.6.5 so I had to install the whole thing anyway. But can I keep my settings and other things by installing with a different table prefix and then change it back to my old one?