MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Situation...Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some people consider things on the Internet as their "hobbies", in which they don't want to put out any funds.

If you are having problems with someone, I would suggest attempting at communication every now and then. You could be reaching him at very busy moments of his life, or for whatever reason he has decided to wait on replying to you. You should respect that he has no real obligation to speak to you, he could very well just stop paying for your site.

With that in mind you should have already set up precautions to prevent that scenario from happening, friends or not. When I started my own website, I was only 12 and didn't have funds to pay for a server so I had my older friends do it for me, and they pulled something extremely similar to the situation you are in-- however I made precautions, backups, and had my site quickly moved to someone I trusted until I started paying for it myself.

If you are really in trouble at a future date, feel free to ask me. I have plenty of room on my dedicated and would be willing to offer you some refuge so you can get things rolling again. However, that doesn't mean I won't do the same thing your friend did-- take action yourself!
Thank you Masayoshi for your kind words.

The thing is; I have everything prepped. I have access to the name account, enabling me to be able to redirect the nameservers for the domain, as well as the backups.

So worst case scenario; I move to a free host. :/
Pages: 1 2