MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site blocked, for no obvious reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, some people (including me) from work get a message like this when they visit www.fieldchatter.com/forum

--------------------------------------------
INTERNET USAGE IS MONITORED AND LOGGED.

Your IP address: 10.201.***.***

Your username: fieldr

YOU HAVE BEEN DENIED ACCESS TO THIS SITE BECAUSE IT FALLS IN THIS CATEGORY:

Malicious Sources

---------------------------------------------

But, when I go direct to www.fieldchatter.com/forum/index.php it all works fine...it is just that main page (which looks the same).

Any ideas? Any way to correct?

Thanks!
Contact your network administrator at your work. This is out of the scope of MyBB support as it's an issue with the software which monitors and blocks potentially harmful websites. It's most likely a false positive but you should contact your network administrator to investigate nonetheless.
I can do that (thought would rather not draw attention to it with people's work IT...as I am sure posting on boards during work could be frowned on.

That said..the index.php and the one without, are the EXACT same page....just different URL....so how I can see what the difference is between the 2? Perhaps that can help shed some light on what is causing it on one and not another.
There are no differences between the two. The software has simply blocked one page but not the other.
That seems impossible to me....logically speaking..if it blocks one, and not another..some variable has to be triggering it. No?
ask your IT guys. They have blocked the URL, not the site it seems.
(2012-08-06, 09:47 PM)mrfield16 Wrote: [ -> ]That seems impossible to me....logically speaking..if it blocks one, and not another..some variable has to be triggering it. No?

completely possible whilst <yourforum>/forum loads <yourforum>/forum/index.php they are still two different physical addresses unless they blocked <yourforum>/forum/* then you wouldn't be able to get to any of the URL's
All depends what your work is :p