MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Basic Question about backups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'm new to the whole MyBB thing never mind backups. So far I've scheduled a daily backup which occurd every 23 hours or so. When I go to my Admin CP, and go to backups it gives me a list of all the backups.

So say for a minute that my site crashed and I had to restore the data from a backup generated a few hours or go. How do I upload that so that everything stays the exact same? Themes? Users? Posts? I understand there are options to choose from in what things to back up when selecting the backup options. Or is it better to backup the whole thing (mybb files included) from the web hosts file manager?

Thanks Smile
You'd import it to phpmyadmin. See here.

Note that if you use the MyBB Backup tool it will only backup the database, not the themes.

To backup the theme: Admincp -> Templates & Style -> Themes -> Your Theme -> [Options] -> Export Theme

You'd also need to download the themes image directory.

To upload it, you'd upload the image directory to ./images and then import the xml: Admincp -> Templates & Style -> Themes -> Import a Theme
Thanks, all cleared up now!