MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some work I had done on my site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hired a developer here on MyBB to setup the forum exactly as I wanted. I am beyond pleased with the work he did and you can see the forum here at www.branson76.com/forum

I asked for these dimensions, the logo, the shoutbox, facebook like, everything and he did it flawlessly and quickly.

Some of the best cash I have ever spent and I really appreciate his hard work.
I like the theme. The only thing letting it down is the tabs (as I'm sure Anxiety will tell you Wink). Also, the tabs don't work.
try again as I have changed the permissions now.

I just want to keep snoopy people out. But, for now, I have set guests to view.

Thanks
Theme is decent but it doesn't look anything like your homepage which just seems weird. The tabs need to go, they are horrifically ugly and they serve no purpose to smaller forums. They still don't work perfectly either. Secondly, why do you have SO many sections? Things need to become more condense, more neat and organised. As a potential member I look at that as the most daunting thing ever.

Lastly, the shoutbox is horrid too. If you insist on having one I would put it down the bottom personally. As a potential new member I don't care if some people are talking in a shoutbox (what's Skype and MSN for?), I just want to see the content and feel of the site to see if I should sign up.
I like the homepage - and I would have thought you would carry that look over to the forums. You do need a cohesive look and the stock mybb with it's simple header style is really more in keeping with a multiple page site.

I think here are two ways to go with a multiple page set up- either -
make all the site headers the same (forum focus)
or
make the forum setup a part of a new page that incorporates the site front page look and feel (brand focus) and use the "stock" type menu links, a bit like it here on mybb.

The tabs are a mistake, they are not styled to match the page, the forum bits are cramped, the on/off icons are huge and there are other random small icons.

You have far too many sections and should look at seriously pruning and combining.

PS edit to add - the links on the home page are broken Sad

http://branson76.com/lodging.html
If you paid someone to create a shoutbox, I must tell you, I made that shoutbox. So in case you paid someone to make one then that person lied to you.
(2012-08-06, 11:07 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]If you paid someone to create a shoutbox, I must tell you, I made that shoutbox. So in case you paid someone to make one then that person lied to you.
So you're the one behind that atrocity.

I think he meant paid to set up the forum, btw.
When I click on any tab, I suddenly jumps to the top.
(2012-08-06, 11:21 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-06, 11:07 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]If you paid someone to create a shoutbox, I must tell you, I made that shoutbox. So in case you paid someone to make one then that person lied to you.
So you're the one behind that atrocity.

I think he meant paid to set up the forum, btw.

Yes I am.