MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum running very slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It feels like my forum is running very slow, does anyone know why?.

My URL:http://ultimategamingforums.co.uk
Thanks
it is loading fine for me
but sometimes it might be a problem with your hosting
your db respond time be bad at so contact your host it might be problem with them
it happened allot with me i had to contact my hosting couple of times
I have sent them a email now.

Thank you
get a fiddler2 report that should help us see what is slow

Also do a traceroute to your server and see for slow or lost connections.
Do you have a raw HTML page you could upload for us as well. If this is slow to load the fault is your servers.

A basic PHP page that connects to and does a small select would also be valuable as well to help us see if this goes slowly (therefore the issue would be response time from db server)

Dan

ping times seem ok getting to your server, tracert has a lot of slow hops though
I don't know how to get a fiddler2 report or anyother thing you just said to me
You are probably on a shared host. Check your plugins for excessive queries, use htaccess to ban bad bots
google fiddler 2

google traceoute

The rest is just uploading simple pages to your site and trying to hit them
(2012-08-07, 12:55 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You are probably on a shared host. Check your plugins for excessive queries, use htaccess to ban bad bots

I pay for my hosting.
Paying does not mean it is not shared.
Agreed this is very likely a shared hosting issue.

However if you turn on the debug, how many queries does it show on the front page?
Also subsequent loads after the first are pretty quick. This would say to me that your system is doing a lot of work before it is cached, once it is cached by the user it runs obviously faster.

I would look at making sure gzip compression is turned on as well as disabling all the plugins then enabling them 1 at a time, clearing chache between each and re-loading the page, this should help you find any plugins that are contributing to the slowness