MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make portal as your homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Add it like Vernier said but put index.php on end of line. Then all pages will work for ya.

Directoryindex portal.php index.php
(2012-08-07, 05:46 PM)Ted B Wrote: [ -> ]Add it like Vernier said but put index.php on end of line. Then all pages will work for ya.

Directoryindex portal.php index.php

Didn't work :/ IDK if I need to put it on a special place in .htaccess
Hmm try this, rename your .htaccess back to htaccess.txt, open notepad++ (or whatever you use to edit) to make a new file, put just that code in it,then name file .htaccess and put it in your root.

Guessing it was tryin to do your URL and you dont have activated yet.
Add this to the bottom of .htaccess (I also recommend using the Google SEO plugin.):

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html

It's what worked for me. I also recommend using the sitemap from Google SEO as it seems any other sitemap doesn't work if you're not using a main domain. JM.02 of advice. Wink
None of theese worked :/

(2012-08-07, 10:24 PM)Ted B Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm try this, rename your .htaccess back to htaccess.txt, open notepad++ (or whatever you use to edit) to make a new file, put just that code in it,then name file .htaccess and put it in your root.

(2012-08-07, 11:38 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]Add this to the bottom of .htaccess (I also recommend using the Google SEO plugin.):

It's what worked for me. I also recommend using the sitemap from Google SEO as it seems any other sitemap doesn't work if you're not using a main domain. JM.02 of advice. Wink

Didn't work :/

NVM!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to try Google SEO, and it works perfect now!!!! Thanks MadComp! Big Grin
(2012-08-08, 11:12 AM)Fuze Wrote: [ -> ]None of theese worked :/

(2012-08-07, 10:24 PM)Ted B Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm try this, rename your .htaccess back to htaccess.txt, open notepad++ (or whatever you use to edit) to make a new file, put just that code in it,then name file .htaccess and put it in your root.

(2012-08-07, 11:38 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]Add this to the bottom of .htaccess (I also recommend using the Google SEO plugin.):

Didn't work :/

NVM!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to try Google SEO, and it works perfect now!!!! Thanks MadComp! Big Grin

You're welcome!Smile
Pages: 1 2