MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: maintenance mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help me from this problem..

My problem is..

1) I have backup MYBB data forum from old hosting but before i change hosting, maybe i set to maintenance mode so now im already change to new hosting but forget my admin password and cannot recover password also..

What i wan to do now? How to recover my admin password Sad

** Sorry my bad english Blush
Are there any other admins
To reset your admin password, run this query in PHPMyAdmin or whatever database manager you use:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE `uid` = 'X';

Replace X with your uid.

Your password will now be test. Smile
(2012-08-08, 09:01 AM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]To reset your admin password, run this query in PHPMyAdmin or whatever database manager you use:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE `uid` = 'X';

Replace X with your uid.

Im using phpmyadmin and now just need to replace uid and do not change others? Many times test still cannot change and maybe im wrong step to run query Confused

If reset password like this will get new email?
My old email cannot login anymore then i change new email from phpmyadmin mybb_users..

(2012-08-07, 08:27 PM)cupcakestylez Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any other admins

Just me admin and got moderator forums only.
(2012-08-08, 11:06 AM)kck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-08, 09:01 AM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]To reset your admin password, run this query in PHPMyAdmin or whatever database manager you use:

Replace X with your uid.

Im using phpmyadmin and now just need to replace uid and do not change others? Many times test still cannot change and maybe im wrong step to run query Confused

If reset password like this will get new email?
My old email cannot login anymore then i change new email from phpmyadmin mybb_users..

Run it in PHPMyAdmin. If your user id was 1, you'd run:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Now your password will be test. Smile
It's work now just miss understanding Toungue
Tq so much Big Grin