MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hosting switch help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I got banned from 000webhost.com for some reason, so i got another hosting service (i had my info backed up). Now when i put it on the new hosting it it gives me some MySQL error. I transfered the nameservers to my domain, and made a new MySQL Database but i still get the error.

this is the error i get when i make a SQL database with a user:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
0 -
Query:
[READ] Unable to select database
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

And this the error i get when there is no SQL database and user:

MyBB SQL Error

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'etechfor_fjammz'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
This means the database details you provided are wrong and therefore MyBB can't connect. Check the ./inc/config.php file.
You need to make a new mysql user and replace the old user details with the new one in .inc/config.php
i changed the details, but it still giving me the same error.
No, the database details are still wrong. Double check them. There is no other reason this would happen.
i now get this error, sorry for the link:

http://i.imgur.com/OiPRT.png

this is what is in the confing file:

<snip>
That's the same error. The fix is also the same.

I had to snip your config file considering how dangerous it is to share it here, but are you sure your username is the same as your database name or vice-versa? If you still can't figure it out, contact your web host for help on which details you should enter.
if all else fails, can i just make a new MyBB forum with my webhost (and make a new sql database) and then transfer all the files(except the config file) from here to there? it that possibe?
(2012-08-07, 10:16 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]No, the database details are still wrong. Double check them. There is no other reason this would happen.

Is the server name localhost for SQL - That could be the problem, or the port, Or anything really
the site works when i put websitename.com/install , but that will reinstall the forum and the previous data will be deleted...

im pretty sure my info is correct now, and now i get this error:
MyBB SQL Error

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'etechfor_fjam.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache
Pages: 1 2 3