MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM Mod?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
This is my first post here. I'm using MyBB in my site ... and its fast and great.
I have a lot of users that just signing up without posting any threads, I think that they are using PM only, so is there any mod that I can use to prevent users from using private messages until they have a number of posts?
Thank you
Oras
What version of MyBB are you running? It sounds like you have a lot of spambot signups. I haven't had any with 1.2, but with previous version the spambots learned to read the CAPTCHA images and register. You can find out for sure by installing the Private Message Admin mod and taking a look if there are any PMs or not.

You may want to institute a policy concerning zero-posters. I have very few rules on my site, but that's one thing I don't tolerate. Anyone who's been on my forum for one month and hasn't posted gets their account deleted.
You could just look in the privatemessages table.
Actually I'm gonna to delete all 0 posters and add rules ... but also I want to to use such mod ... to ensure they'll not register and just stay.
I'm using 1.1.8 b.t.w.
Thank you
Oras
And I don't want to admin the members private message ... for privacy Smile
I would Suggest upgrading to 1.2 To see the list of features 1.2 has...read this post

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...7#pid77217
Now you got another reason to upgrade Smile
Restricted PM usage released Smile

This might work on 1.1.x aswell if you change
$file = fopen(MYBB_ROOT."/inc/settings.php", "w");
to
$file = fopen("./inc/settings.php", "w");
Although I strongly suggest you upgrade your board Smile