MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [CT] Coding Tutors | The place for all your programming needs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Coding Tutors is a coding forum which offers tutorials in a wide range of programming languages for both beginner and professional programmers.

Sections
  • Programming Tutorials & Support
    • Tutorials
    • Support

• General Computer Support
    • Hardware
    • Software

• Releases
    • Websites
    • Programs

• Marketplace
    • Marketplace
    • Contests
    • Services

• Open Discussion
    • The Lounge
    • Introductions & Farewells

• Site News & Announcements
    • Site News & Announcements
    • Feedback

If you want to support the forum use this as your signature

[align=center][url=http://www.codingtutors.com][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nSnu5.png[/IMG][/url][/align]
One of the few free themes I recommend to new forum owners. Too many sections still mate. You don't need a market place, "rules" doesn't need its own category either. I'm not sure why you have a tutorials section and a support section for the same subjects, why not just have one forum for each where users can either ask for support or post tutorials, using prefixes?
While personally i hate most dark themed stuff, just doesnt generally speaking have much contrast to it. I dont mind this one to much what i would recommend though is to add some sort of glow around your logo to make it more visible since it now dissapears into the forum not making it stand out.
(2012-08-08, 10:36 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]One of the few free themes I recommend to new forum owners. Too many sections still mate. You don't need a market place, "rules" doesn't need its own category either. I'm not sure why you have a tutorials section and a support section for the same subjects, why not just have one forum for each where users can either ask for support or post tutorials, using prefixes?

I'l take a look into reducing the sections and i am trying to find a cheap theme developer for when i start getting paid from my job in a coupla weeks

I'll move the rules to the help documents

Thanks for the feedback

(2012-08-08, 10:55 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]While personally i hate most dark themed stuff, just doesnt generally speaking have much contrast to it. I dont mind this one to much what i would recommend though is to add some sort of glow around your logo to make it more visible since it now dissapears into the forum not making it stand out.

As mentioned im going to get a theme made
Thanks for the feedback
Ive followed your advice and cut down the forum sections and moved the rules to the help documents
Looks better. Still not sure why you have 3 marketplace sections on a coding forum.
(2012-08-10, 12:18 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Looks better. Still not sure why you have 3 marketplace sections on a coding forum.

A section for programs | sources to be sold
A section for contests (i might move this as it is not a marketplace section)
A section for services (such as programming freelancers)
I went there to maybe find some good tuts on coding but I went there and there was only 1 tutorial thread. Need to get some content in this case before anything else.
i know dude, ive been looking for members to post some content but i dont know anyone who has experience in any other programming languages

sometime soon i will have some, be patient Smile
You can also hire just some content writers to write some very useful and unique tutorials for your site Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4